The purpose of the role is to make the executive better, faster, stronger and more effective by creating capacity for him to focus on the most important things. The best candidate will have the drive and dedication it takes to put the mission first and work diligently behind the scenes to make every single day a success. The ideal individual will be humble enough to do any task needing to be done. We are seeking someone who understands that their #1 priority is the executive.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepare and organize calendars and schedules as well as arrange complex and detailed travel itineraries; manage and schedule complex calendar for business and household; Schedule and arrange internal and external meetings and appointments, coordinate special events and executive dinners, and arrange for catering;
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures; drive special projects both on your own and with other team members;
- Greet visitors and prepare for meetings including ordering lunches, setting up, and cleaning up at conclusion;
- Typical office work such as answering phone calls, photocopying, mailing, etc.; serve as the initial point of contact when answering the main phone line with backup support provided by other team members; run errands daily including getting coffees and lunches and helping with projects around the office;
- Perform research, data collection, statistic compilation, document generation as necessary to complete special projects and price quotes;
- Maintain discipline and professional appearance because you represent the CEO.
- BA or BS degree;
- Experience in a fast paced startup would be relevant but no particular type of experience is a prerequisite, as the right candidate will be someone who can quickly learn to do things they’ve never done before;
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
High Energy and Intellectual Curiosity
Conduct engaged research and meetings with a “get it done” attitude. Independent, intellectually curious, emotionally intelligent and detail-oriented self-starter. Willingness to travel as required and support the executive's various needs.
Resourceful, Practical, and Ownership-Taking Attitude
You are able to take different kinds of input, quickly and effectively sort out action plans. You always think steps ahead. Before asking questions, you prepare your own answers, even if they are just first draft thoughts. You have a positive, rolls-up-your-sleeves mindset and are willing to take on “lower-level” and “higher level” work based on what needs to be done.
Consensus Builder & Team Player Mentality
Communicate passion, energy, intensity, and excitement in a direct way as well as the ability to build trust through leading by example and rolling up your sleeves. Able to work well within a team setting, manage multiple tasks, respond to changing priorities, and meet challenging deadlines. No task is beneath you attitude.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the role successfully. The company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.